A glorious feature to Camp Pollock is the historic 1924 lodge that can be rented by the general public for special events, office retreats or other private occasions.
Unique to Sacramento, and one of the few locations to camp along the American River in the Parkway is the group camping space for outdoor educational organizations and youth groups. Camp Pollock offers group camping, hosting up to 250 campers on its vast property.
Found very close to Camp Pollock is the Jedediah Smith Trail, also known as the American River Parkway, stretching 32 miles upstream to Nimbus and Folsom Dam, making it one of the longest paved purpose-built bike trails in the country. Cyclist, joggers, walkers, bird watchers, plein air artists, hikers, photographers and equestrians use the multipurpose trails. The American River Parkway can lead you to the Fish Hatchery, Sacramento State University, State Fairgrounds, Effie Yeaw Nature Center and many public recreational areas. Wildlife is abundant and can be spotted when traveling through the major metropolitan area. How will you use the trails near Camp Pollock?
Less than 10 minutes from downtown Sacramento, Camp Pollock is nearby many attractions including the State Capitol, underground tours of Sacramento, historic Old Town, the Crocker Art Museum, Discovery Park, Sutter's Landing Park, the Railroad Museum and the California Auto Museum. The Gold Rush history influences much of Sacramento's history. Gold was discovered along the American River in 1849, just 50 miles up-river from Camp Pollock!
The American River supplies a watery migration almost year round. Steelhead (Nov-May), Shad (May) Striped Bass (Jun-Jul) Chinook Salmon (Oct). Camp Pollock fish trail will take you to the water's edge. Depending upon the fish species, a fish can weigh 16-59 pounds!
Camp Pollock’s Courtyard features decomposed granite, picnic benches and an interpretive Native Plant Garden in front of the Lodge. This shady and relaxing, one-acre space, is a great location for outdoor education. Visitors can read interpretive signage to learn about the Riparian forest that surrounds Camp Pollock. On the 11 acres of Camp Pollock, oaks, willows, California Buckeyes, Alders, Firs, Pines and Cottonwoods enclose the group campgrounds, creating a shading environment.
Camp Pollock is home to the Wild Turkey, that can be found grazing through the grounds. While squirrels, chipmunks and a variety of birds call the treetops home. River otters, beavers, turtles and the raccoon can be found living in their natural habitat. The American River attracts the distinguished Blue Heron, the water diving Cormorant and the graceful Great Egret, just to name a few. Mule Deer will occasionally be sighted at Camp Pollock too. Remember to pack your binoculars and camera!
Camp Pollock is open to the public from Sunrise to Sunset every day of the week.
Renting space at Camp Pollock does not give renter exclusive use of property. Sacramento county rangers lock the gates at sunset. If access to parking lot is required before or after hours special arrangements must be made in advance.
Authorization. The authorization to use space at Camp Pollock is a revocable license. Unless special arrangements are made for the exclusive use of space and/or facilities at Camp Pollock, the license is nonexclusive. You must contact SVC at 916-731-8798 at least 3 months in advance of any of the following proposed uses of Camp Pollock to make appropriate arrangements: Exclusive uses; event uses that will be open to the public; multiple event uses; and large group uses (300 or more persons). The submission of a written application and the execution of a written license agreement will be required to authorize any such uses of Camp Pollock.
Vehicle Access. Sacramento county rangers lock the gates to Camp Pollock at sunset and unlock the gates at sunrise. If vehicle access to or from the Camp Pollock parking lot is required before or after daylight hours, special arrangements with SVC must be made in advance. DRIVING ON LAWN IS PROHIBITED.
All licensees must meet the following insurance requirements at the licensee's sole cost and expense. Individual licensees who are homeowners may want to consult with their homeowner's insurance provider to arrange for appropriate endorsements to their existing policy.
Special Event Insurance From TheEventHelper.com
A. General Liability and Property Damage. Licensees shall maintain occurrence-based commercial general liability and property damage liability insurance for the duration of the use of Camp Pollock in coverage amounts of not less than $1,000,000 for each occurrence of injury and $200,000 for each occurrence of property loss or damage, with a replacement cost endorsement, and with a general aggregate limit of $3,000,000, with all standard extended coverages, including medical expenses, vandalism and malicious mischief.
B. Worker's Compensation. Licensees shall maintain worker's compensation insurance as required by the State of California for each employee of the licensee involved in the use of Camp Pollock, and shall cause all agents and independent contractors supporting licensee's use of Camp Pollock also to maintain such worker's compensation insurance.
C. General Requirements. Each policy of insurance required to be maintained by licensee shall be issued by an insurance company authorized to do business in California with a current A.M Best's rating of no less than A-VII. Required insurance protection may be carried under a blanket policy. Each such policy shall include as additional insureds: (i) Sacramento Valley Conservancy and its directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents; (ii) State of California, State Lands Commission, and its officers, employees and agents; (iii) Sacramento County Parks, and its officers, employees and agents Licensee shall provide SVC with a certificate of the required insurance coverages at the following addresses.
Sacramento Valley Conservancy
P.O. Box 163351 Sacramento, CA 95816
California State Lands Commission
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100 South
Sacramento CA 95825-8202
Sacramento County Parks
4040 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento CA 95827
Accord insurance certificate with all required coverages and limits. Endorsement listing SVC, State Lands Commission, and Sacramento County Parks as additional insured. SAMPLE ACORD and ENDORSEMENT FORMS. All required certificates and endorsements must be received and approved by SVC a minimum of 2 weeks prior to event. Host Liquor Liability coverage is required for all rentals with the presence of alcohol.
Assumption of Risk. Licensee fully assumes all risks associated with entry onto Camp Pollock by the Licensee Parties (as defined below). Sacramento Valley Conservancy ( "SVC") assumes no responsibility for any conditions existing or occurring at Camp Pollock or for the actions or inactions of the general public at Camp Pollock. SVC shall not be responsible to the Licensee Parties Licensees for warning of any hazards, known or unknown, associated with Camp Pollock, including, without limitations, any hazards associated with weather or floodwaters. As used herein the term "Licensee Parties" means licensee and every person or entity entering Camp Pollock at the direction, request or invitation of licensee.
Indemnification Requirements. Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SVC, and its directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents; and the State of California, State Lands Commission, and its officers, employees and agents from and against any loss, damage, injury, accident, fire or other casualty, liability, claim, cost or expense (including but not limited to attorneys' and expert fees) of any kind or character occurring to any person or property arising from or caused by (i) any uses of Camp Pollock by any of the Licensee Parties, (ii) any act or omission of any of the Licensee Parties, (iii) any bodily injury, property damage, accident, fire or other casualty on the Licensed Property caused by any act or omission of any of the Licensee Parties, (iv) any violation or alleged violation by any of the Licensee Parties of any law, ordinance, or regulation now or hereafter enacted, and any enforcement action taken by any governmental authority with respect any such violation or alleged violation; (v) any loss or theft whatsoever of any property or anything placed or stored by any of the Licensee Parties on or about Camp Pollock, and (vi) any costs of duly removing Licensee from Camp Pollock; provided, however, that Licensee shall not be obligated to indemnify SVC for any such matter to the extent caused by the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of SVC or any person acting on behalf of SVC.
Permits Generally. With the exception of the Parkway Plan Compliance Review that SVC will arranged with the Sacramento County Department of Regional Parks ("County Parks")(further addressed below), a licensee shall be responsible, at the licensee's sole cost and expense, for obtaining any and all necessary and required government permits or permissions for licensee's use(s) of Camp Pollock and shall comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Examples of activities that may require specific authorizations from one or more regulatory authorities include: amplified sound (e.g., Sacramento City Code Chapter 8.68); the consumption of alcoholic beverages; the sale any goods, services, liquids or edibles for human consumption; commercial filming; the operation of a bounce house; and the conduct of an event open to the general public. Licensee must have a copy of each required permit onsite during licensee's use of Camp Pollock. Licensee will not be allowed to conduct or engage in any activity at Camp Pollock for which a required permit has not been obtained.
Parkway Plan Compliance Review. After receiving from licensee the required certificate(s) of insurance coverage(s), SVC will arrange for County Parks' Parkway Plan Compliance Review on the basis of the information provided by licensee in the reservation details comment box. Licensee will be solely responsible for the payment of any fee charged by County Parks for such review. SVC will provide licensee with the County Parks review documentation when issued. It is licensee's responsibility to provide accurate and complete information about licensee's intended activities at Camp Pollock.
1. Picnic Tables are to remain in the courtyard area.
2. Do not walk in or through the Native Plant Garden.
3. Automobiles in parking lot only. NO DRIVING ON THE LAWN.
4. Smoking is prohibited in all areas, with the exception of Asphalt trails and surfaces.
5. Charcoal and wood BBQ's are permitted in designated picnic areas only. ALL BBQ's are prohibited in open space areas.
6. Campfire Permits are required for all open fires, such as campfires, barbecues and portable stoves. Fire/Burn Permit Stipulations. Campfires are only permitted in designated fire rings. You will need to acquire a burn permit from CAL FIRE www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit. Campfires will only be allowed if also authorized by Sacramento County Regional Parks. Please read American River Parkway Campfire and Smoking ORDINANCE UPDATE: S.C.O. 936.058 (C,D)
7. Limited parking; car pooling encouraged for large groups.
8. Pack It In, Pack It Out & Leave No Trace ethics practiced. REMOVE YOUR OWN GARBAGE and RECYCLING FROM THE PROPERTY. Minimum $200 charge for any trash left on the property after the reservation end time.
9. Children must be supervised at all times.
10. Pets must be leashed at all times. You must supply your own resources to clean-up after your pet and practice Leave No Trace. Only service animals allowed in Lodge.
11. Launching your own canoes and kayaks allowed, but no improved facility--AT OWN RISK. All water users MUST wear personal flotation device at all times. NO LIFE GUARD ON DUTY.
Additional Rules for Lodge/Deck & Courtyard Uses:
1. DO NOT use nails, tacks, screws, pins or affix any objects on or to the woodwork, railing, or beams. IF tape is used, it must be painters tape. No damage/3M products are permitted. String or twine is permitted to hang string lights.
2. After your event the Lodge must be left in clean and free of all articles from your event.
3. Clean-up includes; sweep and mop all floors, tables cleaned/folded and chairs stacked. See check list.
4. All food /drink must be removed from refrigerator and coffee pot must be cleaned out and dry.
5. All garbage removed from hall, kitchen & bathrooms, fireplace hearth shall be swept and fires be fully extinguished. Ash and wet coals removed. Trash left on the property will result in a forfeiture of deposit, minimum $200 fee.
6. BBQ's, candles and other open flame are not allowed on the deck or inside the lodge. The barbecue pit area shall be free of food & debris. All coals to be fully extinguished.
7. The porch and parking lot shall be free of trash, hanging banners/balloons/directional signs and the courtyard also free of debris at the time of check-out.
8. Set up and breakdown times must fall within the total rental time period. It is the responsibility of the Renter to move equipment within the facility or on the grounds during event.
9. All activities including your rental check-out list must end by 10:00 p.m. It is recommended that at least two hours be allowed for event breakdown and clean-up.
10. The primary reservation contact person will be the only person given access to the site, and must be present to check out and sign off with our staff person at the end of the reservation.
11. ALL event trash on the grounds, courtyard, deck, sidewalks (including cigarette butts and candy wrappers) must be removed from site. If signs or balloons were placed near entrance or along frontage roads, they must also be removed. DO NOT place your signs on or attach to the existing Camp Pollock or neighbor signs.
12. No rice, confetti or glitter is allowed inside or outside the facility. NO sparklers. NO fireworks.
Additional Rules for Camping:
1. Carry camping equipment to campsite. No vehicles on grass.
2. Campfire Permits are required for all open fires, such as campfires, barbecues and portable stoves. Fire/Burn Permit Stipulations. Campfires are only permitted in designated fire rings. You will need to acquire a burn permit from CAL FIRE www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit. Campfires will only be allowed if also authorized by Sacramento County Regional Parks. Please read American River Parkway Campfire and Smoking ORDINANCE UPDATE: S.C.O. 936.058 (C,D)
3. Water available, but not at individual sites. Please provide the ability to transport water.
4. Showers available at this time.
5. Restrooms available, depending on group size, renter may be responsible for purchasing additional units.
6. Picnic tables available in select camp sites. First come, first served.
7. No electricity access for campsites.
8. Limited parking; car pooling encouraged for large groups.
9. No RV or vehicular camping. No camping in Parking Lot.
10. No alcohol permitted in campsites.
11. Pack It In, Pack It Out & Leave No Trace ethics practiced. REMOVE YOUR OWN GARBAGE and RECYCLING FROM THE PROPERTY. Trash left on the property will result in a forfeiture of deposit, minimum $200 fee.
12. Adults must be present to chaperone youth group camping.
13. Camping check-in is 3pm. Check-out at Noon.
14. Minimum 1 night stay, max 7 days camping.
15. Campers and lodge events must register and pay on-line. NO WALK-INS, except for day users.
Anyone who violates any of the rules will be directed to leave Camp Pollock. No refunds.
Cancelations.Cancelations are accepted up to 30 days prior to check-in to receive a partial refund, (less $25 booking fee and 25% rental fee) otherwise refunds will not be offered. If flooding should close Camp Pollock to camping, you will be notified and a full refund will be made. Refunds will be processed to the credit card used when reserving. Refunds will be credited within 2 weeks of cancelation. To cancel a reservation and to receive a refund, contact the SVC/Camp Pollock by email or by phone, or log onto Web Reserve.
Reservations and Payments. All reservations and payments must be made on-line. Credit card payments only; no cash or checks. No walk-ins allowed. All reservations, including cleaning deposit, must be paid in full 2 weeks in advance of use.
Processing Fees. A $25 processing fee is charged to each site at time of booking and is non-refundable. A $50/hour on site meeting fee will be charged for all on site meetings scheduled outside of reservation times.
Special Event and Wedding Fee. A $75 American River Parkway Plan Compliance fee for any event requesting alcohol, amplified sound, charge to attend/vend, or open to the public. An additional $500 is charged for all wedding events.
Security & Damage Deposit. Renters must provide a $400 security deposit per space rented. The property will be inspected at time of checkout, and security deposit will be returned within two weeks if rental is left clear of trash, clean, and no damages are identified. If the property is not left clean and free of articles, including rented items, or trash, a cleaning/trash removal fee of $200 (minimum) will be charged. If damages are present, Renter will be notified in writing within 30 days. We will complete repairs as soon as possible and provide a reconciliation of the cost of repairs against your deposit. Due to weather, scheduled rentals, and owner availability, repairs may take longer than 30 days to complete. The balance of your deposit, minus any charges for the costs of repairs, replacement, extra cleaning, breakage or loss resulting from Renter's use of the property will be returned after all repairs are completed. Renters agree to pay for all costs of repairs, replacement, extra cleaning, breakage and/or loss resulting from Renter's use of the property, as well as all of SVC's collection costs, lost rent, attorney fees, court fees, owner's time and expenses for travel, inspections, bids and repairs. In cases where such costs exceed the amount of the security deposit, SVC shall provide Renter with a written accounting of the amount of such difference and remit payment to SVC within ten (10) after SVC's delivery of such notice. Renter's failure to make such payment to SVC within ten (10) days of SVC's notice shall constitute a default by Renter under this rental agreement without the necessity of further notice. SVC’s use of any part of the security deposit for the cost of repairs, replacement, extra cleaning, breakage or loss resulting from Renter's use of the property shall not constitute a bar or defense of any other of SVC's remedies under this rental agreement.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. By making a reservation for use of Camp Pollock you are agreeing to all of the foregoing terms and conditions.