Included in the rental rate:
Electricity usage is 15 kWh/person/day (anything in excess of this will be deducted from your security deposit). Water allowance is 5m³/week (anything in excess of this will be deducted from your security deposit)
Cleaning at arrival and at departure, bed linens, bath, beach and kitchen towels, maintenance of pool washer, and internet are included
Along with the government having expensive monopolies of water and electricity we respect the environment and ask that you please shut off the air conditioning and appliance when you are not present in the room. The water/electricity allotments are more than enough to enjoy showers and air conditioning.
Not included in rental rate:
Extra use of electricity (will be deducted from the Security Deposit, cost $0.50/KWh; our property manager will check the meter at your arrival & departure)
Extra use of water (will be deducted from the Security Deposit, cost $6/m³; our property manager will check the meter at your arrival & departure).
Excessive final cleaning
Payment: Reservations made less than 30 days before arrival require 100% of the rental and fees at the time of booking.
Reservations made more than 30 days in advance require a minimum of 50% of the total rental and fees at the time of reservation with the remaining 50% due at least 30 days before arrival. If the outstanding balance is not paid in full at least 30 days before arrival, the reservation may be cancelled by the Homeowner with no return of any payment made to date.
Refunds: If the Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, their payment will be refunded as follows:
● 100% if cancelled more than 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
● 50% if cancelled more than 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
● No refunds for cancellation less than 30 days prior to the Check-in Date.
● No refunds will be given after the Guest arrives.
In the unlikely event that the owner of Villa Seashell is not able to honor your reservation, the owners will immediately notify you and refund all monies paid by you, plus an additional $100 damage fee, which you agree to accept as full compensation for all damages incurred. The homeowner recommends that you purchase trip insurance in the event of interruption or trip cancellation beyond your control. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Curacao; any and all disputes shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of Curacao, disregarding conflicts of law, forum and venue.
Liability: Guest is solely responsible and liable for all actions taken by any member of their group while on the property, including any injuries, loss or damage of personal property, or other cause of a liability claim.
Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. The homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
Maintenance: In case of a maintenance issue, we will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. The sewer system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do Not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If is found that feminine products have been flushed and clogs the sewer system, you may be charged damages of up to $200.
Pool service is scheduled weekly. Therefore, maintenance personnel or owners may enter the villa and/or the premises occasionally.
No refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, water, gas, telephone service, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, appliances, television/cable service, etc.
1. The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
2. Smoking in the villa is NOT allowed. Smoking in the villa may result in forfeiture of some or all of the security deposit or incur an additional fee. For the convenience of all our guests, our smoking policy is clear: “Out of respect for all guests, current and future, smoking is only permitted outside”. Please take care of the risk of fire, as it can be dry and windy on Curaçao. Use the ashtrays provided and deposit your remnants in the trash bin, not in the yard.
3. Pets are permitted only with prior approval.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any person in/on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Clean any spills and excessive cooking / grilling residues. Report any damage to the Owners immediately.
5. Only use furniture and appliances for their intended uses. The Owners are not responsible for any damage to personal articles washed in the supplied washer or dryer.
6. Final cleaning is inclusive in the rental cost, but tenants are responsible to leave the accommodation clean & in good state. Kitchen appliances, refrigerator, pots & pans, dishes, and countertops should be left clean. Place the waste bin outside on the pavement at the street side on Monday nights for pick-up on Tuesday. Collect garbage & place it in the bin outside. Leave wet towels hanging to dry. An extra cleaning fee of USD $100.00 may apply if according to the PM the property is beyond usual cleanup state and not returned in an acceptable manner. Keys not returned incur USD $65/key replacement charge.
6. We ask that you adapt your way of living to local customs and conduct yourself in a demeanor fit for this upscale neighborhood on Curaçao. Peace and tranquility are valued at the resort and quiet hours start at 10 PM.
7. Parking is limited to 4 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked on the paved areas only.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. No refunds will be given for storms or bad weather.