Love at First Light LLC Vacation Rental Policies
Between mid-April to mid-October rentals are weekly from Saturday to Saturday. Shorter stay rentals may be available. Call for availability and rates. Off season daily rentals are available.
1. Reservation and Payments: A 50% deposit, plus 8% ME lodging tax, and a signed Rental Agreement must be received within 5 business days of the reservation request to confirm your reservation. Payments: money order or bank cashier’s check are accepted. No personal checks. Send payments and rental agreement (signed) Priority or Overnight mail to Love at First Light LLC 266 Dixie Road Lubec, ME 04652. The rental agreement can also be emailed to PleasantStreetLubec@gmail.com
The balance, plus tax, plus pet fee (when applicable) are due and payable in full thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date. Failure to pay the balance on time may result in cancellation of your reservation and loss of your deposit. See Cancellation Policy.
Reservations made under false pretenses of any kind will result in the forfeiture of all rental payments and fees as well as cancellation of your reservation. All rental payments will be deposited into an interest bearing account, and any interest earned will accrue to Love at First Light LLC.
.2. Rates. Published rental rates are subject to change or correction without notice. Reservations up to one year in advance may be made without a guarantee of the next seasons rates.
3. Minimum Stay Weekly rentals from Saturday to Saturday are standard. Shorter stays between 2-6 nights may be available. Call to ask for availability and rates.
4. Cancellation. Cancellations greater than 60 days prior to check-in receive a full refund less a $50 remarketing fee. Cancellations between 30 and 60 days prior to check-in receive a 50% refund unless we are able to re-book that time frame. If the time frame is rebooked we will refund the deposit less a $100 remarketing fee Cancellations less than 30 days prior to check-in will not receive a refund unless we are able to re-book that time frame. If the time frame is rebooked we will refund the deposit less a $150 remarketing fee. Date changes are accommodated based upon availability. Purchase Travel Insurance to protect against unforeseen circumstances.
5. No Subletting. All reservations are not transferable and the rental property may not be sublet.
6. Maximum Number of Guests. The allowable occupancy for this rental property is based on the following sleeping arrangements: Maximum occupancy is 5 persons.
2 persons in California King bed bedroom
2 persons in full bed bedroom with memory foam
1 person in twin bedroom.
7. Check-in Time. Check-in Saturday at 4:00 P.M. Eastern Time. If access to the rental is unavoidably delayed due to maintenance issues, no discounts will be offered. Late arrivals should make arrangements by telephone.
A Security Deposit of a $250 money order, traveler check or personal check is required at check-in. The Security Deposit will be mailed back within one week after check-out inspection if there is no breakage or damage. Breakage and damage costs will be deducted from the security deposit and the remainder refunded with a list of the breakage and/or damage.
8. Check-out Time. Check-out is Saturday at 11:00 A.M. Eastern Time. Late check-outs require 48 hour notice and may be available for an additional fee. Please refer to your rental agreement for check-out procedures.
9. Pets. A maximum of two trained, house broken, mature pets (not to exceed 25 lbs. each) are permitted. A non-refundable pet fee of $50 per pet is required. Pet owners are financially responsible for any damages and extra cleaning. All dogs should be current on all vaccinations, including rabies, and need to be treated with a flea and tick control, like Frontline or Advantage, 3 days before arrival. Breeds (pure breed and hybrids) not allowed: Pit Bulls & Staffordshire Terriers, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Chows, Great Danes, Presa Canarios, Akitas, Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, Wolf-hybrids.
10. Smoking is not permitted in the house or on the grounds. Guests will be financially responsible for any damages and extra cleaning due to smoking.
11. Key Policy. 2 Keys will be provided at check-in and must be returned at check-out. Failure to return keys may result in additional fees.
12. Laundry. A clothes washer and dryer are located in the rental property. Use only HE (High Efficiency) laundry detergent. HE laundry detergent can be purchased in the Love at First Light Gift Shop. Use of Dry Cleaning products and Dyes is prohibited. Please do not overload the washer and dryer. Please clean the lint screen after each dryer load.
13. Internet. Internet access is available however we do not guarantee the degree of internet connectivity. Internet access and content is entirely at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any accessed material does not infringe the laws governing, but not exhaustively covering, copyright, trademarks, pornography, or any other material which is slanderous, defamatory or might cause offense in any other way. No refunds will be given due to loss of internet service.
14. Housekeeping, Maintenance and Safety. Promptly report any maintenance problems or concerns. Please do not leave doors or windows open while you are out of the house. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, television or appliances, etc. We do not permit towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, or any other furnishing to be removed from the property. Love at First Light LLC staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. Any unreported damages may result in additional charges. Plumbing services required due to flushing objects other than toilet paper will be paid by the renter. No open flame/charcoal grills are allowed on the property. The rental house is not "childproof," and parents have full and sole responsibility to monitor and safeguard their children in the home. Lessee shall not violate any county ordinance or state law in or about the premises. If the house or property is deemed to require more than the “usual” housekeeping after a renter leaves, a $100 special cleaning fee will be charged against the security deposit.
15. Security of Personal Property. Love at First Light LLC is not responsible for any acts of theft or vandalism, or other damages to any personal property, vehicles, or for personal items left in or around the property at departure. Items left behind may be returned if they are found. A $25 service charge plus shipping will be deducted from the security deposit.
16. Parking. Parking for cars/SUV’s is available. We do not allow large recreational craft, Boats,Trailers, RVs etc. to be stored or parked on the property. Vehicles should be parked on the gravel or across the gravel road from the house.