About Knotty Pines Resort
Your cabins to choose from
Picture of business
Features and attractions
1) MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED: Minimum age required to rent a unit is 21 years and the person who books the cottage must stay at the cottage for the entire rental period. Sub-letting or parents renting for their children under the age of 21 is NOT allowed.
2) PROPERTY DAMAGE: Resort guest agrees to leave the property in the same general clean and undamaged condition it was when you arrived. Resort guests are responsible for any damage, abuse, excessive cleanup requirements (Excessive clean up will be considered, but not limited to: vomit and/or other bodily fluids; large quantities of beverage and food debris; floors covered in sticky residue, carpet/rugs stained), or loss caused by any member of the resort guest(s) party to the property or its contents during resort guest(s) occupancy. Guest acknowledges and understands that he/she is financially responsible for any and all property damage that may occur during the stated rental period which can reasonably be attributed to rental partys negligence or abuse. Knotty Pines Resort reserves the right to further bill him/her for additional cleaning or repairs.
3) SECURITY DEPOSIT: In order to insure that properties are maintained and well cared for, a security deposit will consist of 50% of the total amount due at check-out not to exceed $200.00 this will be a hold placed on your credit card the day before your arrival. The hold will remain in effect for up to ten (10) days after your departure. If there are no damages or extra cleaning charges the hold will be released by your credit card company. No refund will display on your credit card statement since this is simply a hold and not a charge. In the event extra charges exceed the deposit hold, the guests credit card will be charged the entire amount of all damage or extra cleaning fees. A detail of all extra charges will be mailed to the guest. Any disputed charges are to be submitted in writing.
4) DISPUTES: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, and shall be treated as though it were executed in the County of Alger, State of Michigan. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Alger County Superior Court, Michigan. Guest(s) specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
5) GUEST COUNT: Guest agrees that the premises shall be occupied by no more than the number of people paid for and stated herein. Maximum number of guest: Unit #1 (Scotch Pine) 6 (six), Unit #2 (Estivant Pine) 7 (seven), Unit #1 and #2 combined 13 (thirteen), Unit #3 (Jack Pine) 6 (six), Unit #5 (Hemlock) and #6 (Tamarack) combined 11 (eleven). Occupancy is limited to registered guests only. Absolutely no overnight guests are allowed. Occupancy by more than the stated number of guest will result in the termination of the rental and the forfeiture of all rental fees and deposits. Please notify us at least 24 hours prior to arrival if you resort guest count changes.
6) CHECKS: Payment must be received no later than 30 days prior to the stated arrival date. A $40.00 service charge will be incurred for all returned checks.
7) CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIME: Guest acknowledges and understands that check-in time is no earlier than 3:00 PM. You are welcome to check with us the night before to see if arriving any earlier on the arrival date is possible. Check-out time is no later than 11:00 AM on the date stated in the rental period above. Housekeeping needs adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Guest not leaving by stated check-out time, without permission will be assessed a rate of $50.00 per hour.
8) EARLY DEPARTURE/LATE ARRIVAL POLICY: No refunds will be made for early departures or delayed arrivals except in emergency situations. No refunds or schedule changes will be made due to inclement weather.
9) PETS: Are generally welcome, but check with us when making your reservation. $25 per night fee applies, maximum 2 pets. All pets must be on a leash at all times. All pets must be house broke, no pee pads. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on all vaccinations. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent within 1(one) week of arrival. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. Knotty Pines Resort, LLC assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. Pets left unattended in the Resort must be in an appropriate crate. You are solely responsible for your pets in this area.
10) NO SMOKING: All units to include the office at Knotty Pine Resort are non-smoking. If it is found that any member of a rental party or guest of the rental party has smoked inside any of the units, your security deposit will be forfeited. Additional cleaning fees may also apply.
11) SATELLITE TV: Resort guest acknowledges and understands that there is a pay-per-view block on the satellite dish and that any pay-per-view, or billable programs of any kind charged during the stated rental period will be billed back to the Guest(s) upon receipt of the charges. (DVD players are on site for you convenience if you would like to bring DVD movies)
12) WILDLIFE: The Resort is located in the Hiawatha National Forest in Alger County. As such, you are likely to encounter wildlife (deer, bears, racoons, snakes and bugs of various types, wasp and/or hornets, etc ) Knotty Pines Resort, LLC nor its owners will accept responsibility for any injury cause by said wildlife.
13) HOLD HARMLESS: Resort guest acknowledges and understands that each and every guest, or guardian is solely responsible for any accident or injury to any person while in-residence, and that the Owners accepts NO legal or financial responsibility. Resort guest and guardians assume all risk of injury or other loss resulting from any recreational activity and will hold the Owners harmless with respect thereto. Resort guest(s) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold resort referred to as the Knotty Pines Resort, LLC and/or the property owners or it property management harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties arising out of or in any way a result of the resort guest(s) use of the premises or items therein.
14) LOSS OF PERSONAL ITEMS: Resort guest acknowledges and understands that each guest or guardian is solely responsible for any loss by any person while in residence including the loss of money, jewelry or any other personal items. We will do our very best to return any lost or forgotten items.
15) Owners will not be held responsible for the failing of any other company service due to said companys error or service interruption. However we guarantee that we will do all that is humanly possible to remedy any issue in the shortest time possible.
16) HOME FURNISHINGS, EQUIPMENT, ETC - Moving of any furniture or décor is not allowed. Furniture, bedding, linens, towels, utensils or any other property belonging to the owners will not be removed from the premises for ANY reason. Please do not bring any inside furniture or chairs outside or on the porches. Loss of these items as well as damage to any property or furnishings in excess of normal wear and tear will be charged to the guest(s).
17) SUMMER/FALL/SPRING CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made 30 (thirty) or more days prior to arrival will result in a full refund minus processing fees of the security deposit. Cancellations made with less than 30 days notice, but at least 14 days prior to arrival date will result in the forfeiture of one-half of the security deposit. Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to planned arrival date will result in a charge of FULL Rental Charge.
18) WINTER CANCELLATION POLICY: If your purpose of visiting is for snowmobiling and there is limited amount of snow coverage (poor trail conditions) in the area there will be no cancellation fee. All that will be required is 24 hour notice of cancellation by email, we also ask that you follow up with a phone call as well to the office. If trail and snow conditions are favorable for riding then #17 cancelation policy applies.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE IN WRITING E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org, or CERTIFIED MAIL TO:
Knotty Pines Resort
E9215 Powell Lake Road
Wetmore, MI 49895